Financial Aid Philosophy
An independent education should be an option for everyone. Our need-based financial aid program allows us to help families for whom affording Greenhills may be a challenge. We are committed to reading applications need-blind. That means we don’t make admissions decisions with financial aid in mind, because we believe in evaluating students for who they are.
Application for Financial Aid
FAST is the standard submission format for all applications. Click here to see FAST’s family user guide. FAST does not decide whether financial assistance will be given or how much to give; rather, FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis service which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. All information from FAST is kept confidential.
- The application process is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program allowing you to partially complete an application and go back to it at another time.
- The charge for the application is $41 paid by credit card at the end of the session. If you need help with the fee please contact our Admission Office.
- After completing the online application you will be required to either upload or mail FAST your most recent tax returns for both state and federal taxes with all schedules and W-2’s.
- Including the school’s name on the outside of the envelope will ensure faster processing of your application.
- The online submission deadline for all financial aid applications is the same date as your application to Greenhills.
- Your application is not complete without your most recent tax returns. Since most families will complete the Greenhills Application prior to their 2018 taxes being prepared, you can submit your 2017 taxes until your 2018 taxes are ready. Once your 2018 tax returns are available, they will also need to submitted to FAST to confirm your award.
- Make your tax appointment early.
Our goal is to have an award determination made by the time re-enrollment contracts are issued in early February. While no financial aid procedure can be entirely equitable – there are simply too many individual factors and extenuating circumstances – this process continues to serve our community well.
Financial aid priority will be given to those applicants whose admission and financial aid materials are in by their respective deadlines. For families applying to Greenhills, the financial aid application is due at the same time as their application to Greenhills. For returning families, financial aid applications are due by January 10th.