FINANCIAL AID PROGRAM
More than $1.5M Available to Families Every Year—And Growing
An independent education should be an option for everyone, so we make more than $1.5 million of need-based financial aid available to families for whom affording Greenhills may be a challenge. Though this is a robust financial aid fund, it is finite and is typically exhausted with each school year, so families requesting financial aid are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
We are committed to reading applications need-blind. That means we make admission decisions without considering a student’s financial aid needs. We believe in evaluating each student for who they are, and not their family’s financial situation.
Application for Financial Aid
FAST is the standard submission format for all applications. Click here to see FAST’s family user guide. FAST does not decide whether financial assistance will be given or how much to give; rather, FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis service, which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. All information from FAST is kept strictly confidential.
- The application process is self guided. You may navigate in and out of the program, which allows you to partially complete an application and go back to it at another time.
- The charge for the application is $41, paid by credit card at the end of the session. If you need help with the fee, please contact our Admission Office.
- After completing the online application you will be required to either upload or mail FAST your most recent state and federal tax returns, including all schedules and W-2’s.
- Please write Greenhills School’s name on the outside of the envelope to ensure faster processing of your application.
- The online submission deadline for all financial aid applications is the same date as your application to Greenhills.
- Your application is not complete without your most recent tax returns. Since most families will complete the
- Greenhills Application prior to their current year’s taxes being prepared, you can submit your prior year’s taxes until your current taxes are ready. Once your current tax returns are available, they will also need to be submitted to FAST to confirm your award.
- Make your tax appointment early.
Our goal is to have any financial aid award determination made by the time re-enrollment contracts are issued in early February. While no financial aid procedure can be entirely equitable—there are simply too many individual factors and extenuating circumstances—this process continues to serve our community well.
Financial Aid Deadlines
Financial aid priority will be given to applicants whose admission and financial aid materials are submitted by their respective deadlines.
- New Applicants: At the time of enrollment application submission
- Returning Families Reapplying: Available December 8 and due by Friday, January 8
Funds are awarded to qualifying families with each application decision cycle, so families applying for financial aid are encouraged to apply as early as possible, when funds are generally more available.